8:30 a.m. Worship/Communion
9:45 a.m. Cross+Walk, Adult Education
10:45 a.m. Worship/Communion
IF YOU ARE A GUEST with us, please know how delighted we are that you are thinking about worshiping with us! Your presence is a gift; and we invite you to come worship with us whenever you have the opportunity. No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are always welcome in worship at St. John Lutheran.
What to expect during worship at St. John
- ALL are welcome to this time and place of worship.
- All children are welcome in worship! We believe that having children and infants in worship is like having them at the dinner table. They’re here because they are part of the family, not because their manners are perfect. The nursery is open but not staffed during the summer. Please stay with your children if you choose to use the nursery. (You are able to hear the service in the nursery)
- The Sermon: A time of practical teaching from the Bible.
- Communion: We serve communion at every service here at St. John. Our communion table is open to all ages. (We even have gluten-free wafers available if you choose!)
- Refreshments: Join us for fellowship, coffee, lemonade, and treats in the parlor after worship.
Questions? Find more information about our church, Jesus, and the Christian faith: Come for a visit! Ask an Usher! Search St. John Lutheran Church on Facebook!
What do we do in Christ?
- We gather to worship weekly (and sometimes more often) to celebrate the gifts of Christ that form us and shape us as a community.
- We pass on the faith to our children in Cross+Walk (family/inter-generational Sunday School) and Confirmation to give them the language of faith so they might grow to become part of the community more deeply.
- We nurture and encourage our youth by providing space to gather and talk about important things, mentors and staff to guide them, mission trips to teach, opportunities to serve, fun-filled adventures to better experience their burgeoning faith.
- We grow in faith through study and service with the Bible and prayer.
- We reach out with the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Fargo-Moorhead community in ministry, working with New Americans and refugees, serving meals at the Salvation Army and Churches United for the Homeless.
- We support one another in difficult times of life.
- We lift our voices together in praise.
In all we are and all that we do, we are a community in Christ.