Winter Worship Hours
Sundays at 8:30am and 10:45am
IF YOU ARE A GUEST with us, please know how delighted we are that you are thinking about worshiping with us! Your presence is a gift; and we invite you to come worship with us whenever you have the opportunity. No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are always welcome in worship at St. John Lutheran.
What to expect during worship at St. John-
- ALL are welcome to this time and place of worship.
- All children are welcome in worship! We believe that having children and infants in worship is like having them at the dinner table. They’re here because they are part of the family, not because their manners are perfect. The nursery is open but not staffed during the summer. Please stay with your children if you choose to use the nursery. (You are able to hear the service in the nursery)
- The Sermon: A time of practical teaching from the Bible. (sermons are also available online under the media and resources tab)
- Communion: We serve communion at every service here at St. John. Our communion table is open to all ages. (We even have gluten-free wafers available if you choose!)
- Refreshments: Join us for fellowship, coffee, lemonade, and treats in the parlor after worship.
Questions? Find more information about our church, Jesus, and the Christian faith: Come for a visit! Ask an Usher! Search St. John Lutheran Church on Facebook!
At St. John Lutheran Church, you have many ways to contribute to our worship experience:
Lay people are trained as Assisting Ministers in leading portions of the liturgy, and in leading the congregation in the Prayers of the Church. These volunteers check the theme of the day and church season, and typically include prayers for the world, our nation, our city, and our church. They also assist with the distribution of Communion.
Men, women and youth usher at the worship services. Ushers hand out bulletins, take the offering, help people find seats, assist during Communion, and perform other duties.
These volunteers read the lessons appointed for the day (with the exception of the Gospel). They also assist with the distribution of Communion.
Men and women prepare the liturgical garments, decorate the sanctuary for certain church holidays, prepare the Communion elements, and set up for baptisms.
Worship and Music Committee
This group meets to discuss all things related to worship. They do visioning and dreaming, as well as deal with practical matters.
If you are interested in serving in any of the above ways at St. John please contact the church office at 701-235-8521 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!