The St. John Foundation
The St. John Foundation accepts applications for grants throughout the year. The board meets quarterly to make decisions on distribution of funds.
Guidelines for each fund:
- St John Foundation Application
- The purpose of St. John Lutheran Church Foundation is to enhance the ministry of the church by establishing new stewardship opportunities and new ministries apart from the general operating funds of the church. Any group or individual that provides program or activities that enhance the ministry of the Church is eligible to apply for funding. Foundation funds are not intended for projects/uses that are or should be funded by the general operating funds of the church.
- Phyllis Asleson Scholarship Application
- The Phyllis Asleson Scholarship is for members of St. John who will be attending an ELCA-affiliated college as a full-time student in the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are decided by the Foundation in June of each year so applications should be submitted by the end of May for consideration.
- Bernice (Bea) Ihlenfeld Music and Scholarship Funding Application
- The Bernice (Bea) Ihlenfeld Fund can be used for scholarships or music-related ministry. Scholarships are for members of St. John Lutheran Church with priority given to those requesting assistance for church-based or other faith-based activities. As the Asleson Scholarship Fund is available to students attending ELCA colleges, this scholarship will not be granted for that purpose. However, those attending an ELCA seminary are eligible. Funding is considered on a first-come, first-served basis each year until dispersible funds are depleted.